A key component of Chapman Partnership’s services is providing resources to support the physical and mental health of our residents. Through partnerships with key providers, and state and federal assistance, our residents have access to state-of-the-art on-site medical and dental clinics, and mental health resources.
The clinics are designed to stabilize and address the immediate needs of our residents, including acute health problems and chronic conditions. We become their primary care provider during their stay, and offer a highly cost-effective approach to serving the homeless as compared to emergency room visits which homeless individuals utilize on average eight times a year.
- Within 72 business hours, residents are triaged by our medical team at our Jackson Health System operated on-site health clinics, which provide
- Preventative medical care
- chronic disease management
- health screenings
Our Mobile Dental Unit has two fully equipped operatories with all of the commercial-grade equipment found in a typical dental office and is staffed by a full-time dentist and two dental assistants providing more than 9,300 oral health procedures annually. Dental health services include:
- An oral hygiene education program providing residents with the skills and supplies to manage and maintain proper oral health
- Preventive and restorative care
- Dental exams
- Fillings, crowns, tooth extractions and root cleanings
Mental health issues often play a major factor in homelessness and serve as a significant obstacle to independence; Chapman Partnership provides mental health assistance to help residents deal with common diagnoses such as depression and anxiety disorders, bipolar disease and schizophrenia.
Chapman Partnership’s residents have access to:
- On-site psychiatrist who provides mental health counseling and prescription and medication management
- Mental health and substance abuse counseling and treatment groups
- A mental health staff that works closely with case managers and the residents themselves to ensure functionality and a balanced quality of life
Chapman Partnership operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Chapman Partnership.
For more information on Chapman Partnership’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 305-329-3037; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit our administrative office at 1550 North Miami Avenue Miami, FL 33136-2015. For more information, visit www.chapmanpartnership.org.
If information is needed in another language, contact 305-329-3000